is one of the most important parts of a home. After all, it satisfies the
basic need of man- the need of food. However, kitchen is also the most risky
area of any home due to the availability of such kitchen tools as knife,
scissors etc. apart from fire in the form of gas stoves. Also, there are
other electrical appliances which can get dangerous due to the constant use
of water in kitchen. All this does not rule out the use of
in kitchen. Clothes are present
in kitchen in the form of aprons, napkins, mitten, dish clothes etc. The
only way to ensure safety along with functionality in a kitchen is to buy
and use kitchen furnishings cautiously. Here are some tips to help you buy
the right kitchen linen.
- Aprons keep your clothes safe from spills. Buy the standard mid
length barbecue apron. Too long apron becomes risky as well as hampers
free movement and too short aprons don't fulfill their purpose.
- Buy the apron which ties at neck and waist. This will neither push
you off nor hold you from free movement.
- The pockets of an apron should be stitched at the bottom center and
must have compartments. They will keep tools handy and within your easy
- Buy kitchen furnishings that are made of linen or
cotton fabric. They are washable and
durable apart from being lesser prone to fire.
- Wherever possible, buy kitchen linen made of flame resistant fabrics.
- The Pot holders or the pads made of fabrics
for handling hot cooking utensils should be heat and moisture resistant.
- Before buying pot holders, just take an idea about the average size
of your kitchen utensils and select those which compliment them. Don't
buy very large or too small pot holders as they will not serve the
kitchen towels of different sizes and keep them handy for drying dishes
and just-washed hands.
- Kitchen towels should be easily washable, quickly drying, highly
absorbent, and durable. Select those which are made up of such fabrics
as cotton, linen, terrycloth, or microfiber.
- Buy thick and insulated mittens that are made of linen or cotton
fabrics. They are good at resisting heat. However, don't go for very
thick mittens as they can hamper your easy operation.
- Always buy mittens that are made of flame resistant fabrics.
- Place mats give beauty and additional protection to your table and
tablecloth. To fulfill this purpose,
buy place mats that match with your table cloth and napkins.
- Buy such number of place mats as you have seats at your table, even
if you don't use all the seats everyday.
- For a formal dining room, purchase fabric place mats that complement
your rooms overall feel.
- For everyday use, buy place mats covered with vinyl as they can be
wiped clean and don't need frequent washing.
- Keep plastic place mats for outdoor use as plastic can easily catch